August 04, 2012

Your blog

Chao ban,
I just found your blog when looking for news of Fr Perre Ceyrac.
Did you know about Fr Joe Devlin who was a Jesuit in Vietnam and then tended to care of Vietnamese Boat People at Songkla. If you are interested I posted a small article about Fr Joe on my Blog : "Bagsy's Soapbox". I wrote it in 1982. Fr Joe died quite a few years ago, but he was much loved by many Vietnamese refugees.
I will hunt upsome photos I took in the years around 1983 and 84 when I visited refugee camps in Thailand, particularly Songkla and Phanat Nikom. I will post on my blog and /or email to you if you are interested.
Some friends and I formed the Oakleigh Refugee Assistance Group (CRSS) during the 1980s and sponsored a number of families. Again if you are interested I can find photos of those times as well.
Cheers
John Launder

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best WordPress Themes